RealTouchScripts & VorzeScripts & Launch Scripts

Free scripts and videos for the RealTouch, Launch and Vorze A10 Cyclone
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Search

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:05 pm 

Let me know if you can't see the images and i'll upload them somewhere. Formatting via forum is a pain and don't know the best way to send files without compromising personal details.

Links:
PDF http://docdro.id/AhdviML
Word http://docdro.id/m6qT2OZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:13 pm 

Wow, this is awesome, thanks! I'm working on a video tutorial for the websocket server right now, which should cover those last steps, but I'll definitely be pointing people on Win7 to this!

You used VMWare, right? I tried running Win10 on Win10 using VBox and could never get the bluetooth dongle to register on the VM. Could be a Win10 specific issue though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 pm 

qdot wrote:
Wow, this is awesome, thanks! I'm working on a video tutorial for the websocket server right now, which should cover those last steps, but I'll definitely be pointing people on Win7 to this!

You used VMWare, right? I tried running Win10 on Win10 using VBox and could never get the bluetooth dongle to register on the VM. Could be a Win10 specific issue though.

No problem, with all the answered questions on your end it would be a shame to not give back.

Yes I am running VMWare Workstation 12. Using the Bluetooth Dongle you suggested I plugged it in and it worked first try.
But forgot to add a setting you need: Settings:Bluetooth and other devices: More Bluetooth Options: "Discovery" You need to check the box for "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm 

So I created a Windows 10 VM (before I saw this topic), and the Launch can be connected to and controlled with Buttplug.

So theoretically, I should be able to connect to it from the real machine running ScriptPlayer on Windows 7. Only the latter doesn't work.

Attempting to run ScriptPlayer results in an immediate crash (CLR20r3, mscorlib, System.ArgumentException).

Is this something that I can reasonably expect to work around, or is the program simply known to not work on Windows 7?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:40 pm 

Thanny wrote:
So I created a Windows 10 VM (before I saw this topic), and the Launch can be connected to and controlled with Buttplug.

So theoretically, I should be able to connect to it from the real machine running ScriptPlayer on Windows 7. Only the latter doesn't work.

Attempting to run ScriptPlayer results in an immediate crash (CLR20r3, mscorlib, System.ArgumentException).

Is this something that I can reasonably expect to work around, or is the program simply known to not work on Windows 7?

Hey Thanny. Me and Qdot have been back and forth about getting things working (I originally was trying unsuccessfully on a VM and it led to this thread being made to guide other users).

They are currently only developing for Windows10 due to some things Microsoft did differently (from my understanding, Qdot can chime in) and possibly for W7 in the future?

So in short, only W10 works for Windows based platforms.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:44 pm 

i will say that for those of us who cant afford the full blown version of VMware workstation... you can still make perfectly fine VMs from scratch using VMware player... you just will have to provide an email if you want to get it directly from VMware... so if VBox doesnt work that should... and i am sure that VMware player has versions on all platforms (linux mac and of course windows)

if i do own something it will be marked appropriately.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:13 am 

Thanny wrote:

Well, ScriptPlayer uses the WinRT Api for Bluetooth which is certainly one of the causes. Theoretically, if you strip away everything but the buttplug client and video playback, it might work but at this point I don't want to go poking around guessing what won't work on Win7. BT/BLE, UAC, some native calls (for screensaver, media keys and fullscreen) etc. would all have to be removed to be sure and that would probably leave you with a really shit player just to somehow make it work.

A more realistic solution would be to have ScriptPlayer on Win10 too and let it remote-control a MPC or VLC instance on a Win7 machine.